I’m an old nerd, married to a different flavor of old nerd. It can be rough, navigating the different nerdly seas.
Comics, both Western and not. I’ve given up on Marvel and DC because I’m sick of constant reboots. I like things that end.
- Umino Chika is awesome and I will buy anything she writes/draws.
- What Did You Eat Yesterday is my current favorite.
- Rat Queens is hilarious and kinda grody.
- My affection for Peter Parker is eternal. My favorite collections are the J. Michael Straczynski Amazing Spiderman ones.
- I still love KareKano.
- Top 10 as written by Alan Moore and drawn by Gene Ha is amazing. I love it so much.
- I don’t know, I feel like there should be more here but it’s been a while.
Science fiction and fantasy. Mostly fantasy
- Lois McMaster Bujold’s Chalion books are constantly reread. I like the Knife ones too. Vorkosigan stuff is enjoyable cheese, but I can’t take too much of it.
- Charles Stross’s Laundry Files are great and so novel to me, but kinda depressing
- Mike Carey’s Felix Castor books are why I read “The Girl with All the Gifts” and tried to read “Fellside,” but parenthood has made me soft and I couldn’t take the sads.
- I’m still shocked that there are more Deverry books.
- Urban fantasy trash is my guilty pleasure.
- Yes, I read the Dresden Files. And Codex Alera.
Cooking and baking, but not all the time. But I do it most of the time to save money, and it leads to self-hate.
Makeup. Mostly, lipstick
Various fandoms. No participation, just reading and loving the gifs and fanart.
Anime. I still love old anime I used to watch. Not interested in watching any new anime; just in reading the comics.
Music. I did classical piano for a long time and still like to play. Cannot wrap my mind and fingers around jazz or ragtime, although I admire it greatly. I enjoy various orchestral works that I can’t name because I’m terrible, and enjoy rock music that sounds vaguely orchestral too. I like classic rock, whiny rock, and earnest rock along with some pop. I have strong nostalgia for any anime theme songs that I used to watch.
Recycling and reusing as much as possible.
- But I like to buy things, and some times I’m too tired to cook and want takeout. It’s a conundrum.
I’m terrible at:
Finishing projects. Hopefully I’ll finish some as I blog.
Washing the bathroom. So my husband does it.
FPS. “Doom” made me feel ill. Everything else later is just straight-up disorientating.
Standing up straight. Wait, I think my posture is improving. Hurray for rowing.